Welcome

If you’re new to the site and would like to get involved please click on one of the buttons in the box below.

Guess the Quote

Comments

• HerculeAndAchilleHerculeAndAchille Harrogate, England ✭✭✭
    Yes, this person is a working individual
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are they a servent either inside or outside
  • Jo14Jo14 Argyll Fan
    Re - Jennifer (The Rose and the Yew Tree)
  • Jo14Jo14 Argyll Fan
    Pilar Estravados
  • Jo14Jo14 Argyll Fan
    Can I play? Who is AC describing: '.................loved him beyond reason and beyond rectitude.........'
  • P_LombardP_Lombard ✭✭✭
    Jo14, of course you can play, but we have to figure out HerculeAndAchille's 1st before we can move on to a new quotation. By the way, I believe yours is Elinor Carlisle from Sad Cypress loving Roddy "beyond reason".

HerculeAndAchille, is it a character from Postern of Fate?
  • HerculeAndAchilleHerculeAndAchille Harrogate, England ✭✭✭
    There's one novel which seems to have slipped everyone's minds (which rather disappoints me, since I enjoyed it a great deal)!
  • PoirotBabosaGalaxyPoirotBabosaGalaxy Outer Space Investigator
    Oh. I can't remember which novel it was that Agatha Christie referenced a murderer as Ophelia... So sad that Poirot shook his egg-shaped head nodding sadly. Tsk. Tsk. Was it Sad Cypress?

It's about time you start believing that the little grey cells exist...

• P_LombardP_Lombard ✭✭✭
    Then if it is not from Postern of Fate, is it from By the Pricking of my Thumbs? Is it Ivor Smith from By the Pricking of my Thumbs?
  • Mrs BlairMrs Blair ✭✭✭
    Is it Tommy himself speaking? When they are trying their hand at the different detective types in Mr Blunt’s agency?