featuring Miss Marple

Is Miss Marple always necessary in the Miss Marple novels? For instance in A Pocketful of Rye ...Could Inspector Neele solve the crime on his own? 

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom ✭✭✭✭

Miss Marple isn't necessary in Murder At The Vicarage which could have been solved by Rev Clement assisted by Dr Haydock or Colonel Melchett and The Moving Finger could have been solved by Jerry and The Detective but the others need Miss Marple, why would Carrie Louise have's sister asked Miss Marple to stay with Carry Louise is Miss Marple wasn't going to solve it and Miss Marple being sent to Carrie Louise is a huge Motivational issue like Dolly Bantry calling on Miss Marple in Body In The Library and Jason Raphiel summoning Miss Marple from beyond the Grave.

Murder At The Vicarage could have had Rev Clement and Dr Haydock as his side-kick and The Moving Finger would have been better if Jerry and the Detective had solved it but Miss Marple went to the Lodge in Pocketfu of Rye TO investigate so it was importand she was the sleuth in that one.

I WISH I could delete my 1st post